Tuesday, October 31, 2017

My Home Filled with Jade is My Happy Place

Our short vacation last week started with driving from Kissimmee, central Florida,  to Key West,  "mile marker 0". It was heart breaking to drive through the Keys, especially the middle Keys where the major impact of of hurricane Irma was evident.  The devastation was the start of my not having a happy vacation.  Even though Irma was early September, the sides of the road were piled high with debris, including home and hotel appliances that were under water and unusable. We saw boats washed ashore and broken up, piles of shredded foliage. The beautiful palm trees were broken at the top, some fallen and not yet cleaned up, and many so bent over it looked like they could fall over.  The road was occasionally closed and we had to stop while a row of semi trucks was gather debris.  And this must have been going on every day since Irma struck.  I was tempted to tell my husband we should stop and help, but one of my goals this year is "taking care of me" more often.

Key West was cleaned up pretty good, and most of the shops and restaurants on Duval Street were open.  But some were very damaged, a couple were burnt to the ground.  We stayed in Simonton Court, an old cigar factory turned into a bed and breakfast, a block from Duval Street.   So many people who were homeless because of the storm were staying in hotels, bed and breakfast places,  and when guests arrived, we realized they were homeless again.  Another heart breaker.

Then we heard on the news that "something" was forming south of us, and by Friday it was named tropical storm Philippe.  It was possible it wouldn't be too stormy in Key West, but probably light rain for a couple of days, so we left early Saturday morning and drove through the bands of Philippe that were moving north.  The Keys has been flooded by Irma, and we were fortunate to get through, slowly but surely.

I had my black jade bangle bracelet on my wrist, along with the Hurricane bracelet designed and sold by a jeweler in Key West.  I rubbed them when I was stressed.


Although we missed out on some of the festivities last week in Key West, it felt so good to get home.  I could feel all the good, calming energies of the jade in my office. 

I usually run into a couple of women wearing jade in Key West during the week, but not this time.  Maybe people don't know how healing it can be.  I decided that it was time to get my "happy" jade bead bracelets listed online.  Chinese jade beads with symbol for "happy" etched.

Chinese jade bead bracelet with "happy" symbols etched on beads
I would like to retire soon, but if I do, I won't have an excuse for being surrounded by jade all the time!  What's an aging jade lover to do?!   I will probably have more sales and discounts on the online stores to sell off enough jade to turn it from "work" into "hobby".  If you see something you like, especially the higher priced jadeite bangle bracelets, and other higher priced item, let me know and make an offer.  I want  you to be happy with jade, too.

My Halloween Chinese "river jade" bangle bracelet. Honey color related to spleen meridian,
repair stomach after eating too many shrimp and Key Lime Pie in Key West


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.




1 comment:

  1. Really I am very impressed with this post. Just awesome... I haven’t any word to appreciate this post. Keep sharing.

    aromatherapy necklace diffuser pendant

    ReplyDelete