Monday, October 16, 2017

Jade Eggs for Plant and Foliage Health and Wellness

We're still cleaning up from the mess hurricane Irma left.  I still have weeding, trimming and re-potting to do on our lot.

Today I repotted our "money tree" plant.  We had it for several years before we lost our home in the microburst hail and tornado storm in March 2016.  I kept it on our screened porch where it thrived.  Then when I had to put it somewhere while I new home was being torn down, I had so much to do that I just stuck it under palm trees.  There was so much to do setting up our new home, I didn't have time to take care of it and some of the other potted plants.  Then less than a year after we moved into our new home, hurricane Irma came right over us here in central Florida, and it was outdoors and got blown around the yard.  I've been watching the leaves turning yellow and falling off, and knew it would lose its beauty if it didn't get some attention.

When I pulled it out of the temporary plastic pot I had it in, at the bottom of the pot was a layer of jade eggs and ben wa balls. These are jade eggs that get damaged in shipping from China.  I think when they were inspected at Customs, they were dropped and cracked and chipped.  And some of them weren't made by YYJ standards, probably a jade carver practicing his work!  And not doing a very good job, either.  The tree is nearly five feet tall, and the roots and bottom part looked healthy.


When the home builders were working on our lot, we lost a lot of plants that I really loved.  I especially loved the impatiens because they were the only impatiens that wouldn't die in this unpredictable Florida soil.  I had been trying to add new impatiens for at least 10 years, but these old ones that were here when we bought the home were the only ones that lived.  I had pulled three of the impatiens out of the ground before they were destroyed by the rebuilding process, and stuck them under the palm trees, too.  When I replanted them, I had intended to add the jade eggs to their roots, but forgot until I was planting the final one.  And that's the one that thrived, grew new blossoms quickly, and stayed stabilized. 

So now I add jade eggs and/or ben wa balls to everything I plant.  Neighbors comment on how pretty and healthy everything looks!

This rose plant was dying until I added the jade eggs


I have a box of these not-so-perfect jade eggs that I will share with blog readers, customers so you can have some, too.  They will be available while they last, and priced low with most of the cost going towards shipping (remember, jade is heavy!)

Clearance jade eggs for plant and foliage health and wellness

Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment