Sunday, October 1, 2017

What Kind of Jade Bangle Bracelet to Get? How About Chinese Jade

This weekend the classic round Chinese jade bangle bracelets were on sale.

Chinese Jade Traditional Round Bangle Bracelets
And of course I received emails asking about what I personally think about the Chinese jade bangle bracelets.  They were the first kind of jade bangle bracelets I saw when I went to Bejing for the first time in 1999.  While the international tourists were looking for Burmese jadeite, the "locals" shops and government stores sold the Chinese jade.  I saw young couples, the man buying the woman a Chinese jade bangle bracelet as an engagement gift, and brides-to-be buying one for every woman in her bridal party.  During our tour of Forbidden City, the concubine's rooms all had jade rollers, jade bangle bracelets in them.  I think from Beijing and north, that's still the kind of jade bangle that is cherished. 

Burmese jadeite was introduced to China in the 19th century. Before that the Chinese wore their own jade for centuries.

They were also the first kind of jade I started selling here in USA, on ebay and on my web site.  I always like them because they are natural color, and the same kind of jade that's used in Chinese medicine health tools, jade rollers, gua sha tools.  When I want the healing natural and basic Chinese qi energy, that's what I wear:  a Chinese jade bangle bracelet.

My personal carved Chinese jade bangle bracelet



I love the carved "knot" style, and mine is translucent and a good green, not to yin and not too yang.

I haven't purchased any in at least three years because to get the quality in the photo, the cost has become quite high.  I think the Chinese jade sellers used up so much of their lovely jade on commercial things to sell that the good green, translucent kind is getting scarce.

If you don't have one, the discounts will be active for awhile even though they won't be the
Today's Special.  When you need "a little energetic something", put it on.  Feel good energy for body, mind and spirit.  Yes, it's worth having one.

Comments are welcome.  To avoid SPAM, you will not see your comment
your comment posted until it has been moderated  through SPAM check 


No comments:

Post a Comment