Saturday, October 7, 2017

Which Arm Should I Wear My Jade Bangle Bracelet On?

Every few days I get an email with the question: "which  arm should I wear my jade bangle bracelet on?"   And that's a very good question, because most of us would wear a different size depending on which wrist we wore it.  My best size for my right wrist is 55-56mm.  The best size for my left wrist is 52-53mm.  And if you have been buying and wearing jade bangle bracelets, you know that even 1-2mm can make a difference.

Another consideration about which arm to wear your jade bangle bracelet on is if you wear it as jewelry, or if you are wearing it for "medicine".  As we have discussed on this blog, jade has qi energy.  Your body has qi energy.  Chinese medicine is all about balancing your body qi energy, your qi flowing smoothly through the acupuncture points of the meridians.


The "honey" or "yellow" color in the jade bangle bracelet on my wrist in the photo has qi energy related to the spleen meridian.  When I have a week that I don't cook, we eat out often, I usually feel bloated, my stomach uncomfortable.  When that happens, I wear my genuine and natural color Chinese "river jade" bangle bracelet that has good yellow color throughout to help balance my spleen meridian.  And the base of the spleen meridian is on the left side of the body, so I would wear it on my left wrist, closest to the spleen meridian.  Then when I'm feeling better, I go back to one of my every day jade bangle bracelets.





Right now I'm wearing a slender, classic round Dynasty era older jadeite bangle bracelet with soft green veins and white because the green is related to the liver meridian and the classic green color is balancing for body, and the white color balances my spiritual side.   I also wear it on my left wrist, because it's closer to my heart.   I love this jade bangle!

Keep this in mind:   If you wear jade as "medicine", then that's a good reason to purchase several jade bangle bracelets!

When I travel, I wear deep deep green, almost black, jade for the protection qi energy.  And since I'm wearing my most pretty one on my left wrist, I often wear it on my right wrist.


But sometimes I like to wear them together, and that's when having a stretch bead bracelet is helpful, to keep them from "clunking around". 

If you are Asian or Chinese, your family might have a tradition of which wrist to wear your jade bangle on.

There's no "rule" about which wrist to wear your jade bangle on.   If you are sensitive to the energy of the jade, you will know what wrist you should wear it on.

And if you are very fortunate, both of your hands/wrists are the same size, so you can choose whatever you want.


Comments are welcome.  To avoid SPAM, you will not see your comment
your comment posted until it has been moderated  through SPAM check

1 comment:

  1. I have fibromyalgia and a lot of pain from injury caused arthritis, and I was told to wear a black bangle on my left wrist for pain and help in that way(extra energy!)
    it has help a lot.
    i wear a bangle on each wrist but I'm almost always wearing a dark bangle on my left😊

    ReplyDelete