Saturday, April 15, 2017

Jade Bangle for Easter and Spring: How to Clean Jade

When you need more energy in your life, try wearing your jade bangle bracelet that has the most "yang" qualities. Deeper and darker green is more yang, and I like to have some "yin" to balance it. But mostly the "feel" of yang.

So I changed my jade bangle bracelet to my most "yang" last week. It was a stressful week and I needed more energy to last all day.  This is my favorite yang Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet. 



I've had this jade bangle for at least 10 years.  I purchased it in China when I was jade shopping near the Myanmar (Burma) border with a guide I had hired, a young Chinese woman.  She thought jade bangle bracelets were for "grandmothers" and were too old fashioned to wear.  When we saw this kind of jadeite, we both fell in love with it, and she even purchased one for herself and one for her girlfriend. This kind of jade is the color that usually gets washed with acid because there is very little translucence and the Chinese women usually don't like this much "yang".  We named it "modern jade bangle bracelet".  We had a fun shopping trip.

Today my life is more relaxed again, and I want a calm, peaceful Easter weekend.  Time to change jade bangle bracelets.

Classic Chinese Jade Carved Bangle Bracelets, Dynasty Style

Classic Chinese jade is naturally more yin, and is the kind of jade used in jade health tools, like jade rollers, gua sha tools.  It has healing qi qualities.  My jade carver used the best quality of Chinese jade to carve jade bangles with "knots", bamboo and other carving.  The caving style is the way they were made during the Dynasty eras in China.  I love the healing and calming qi energy.

The "modern" jadeite bangle I was wearing is small for me, so I used lotion generously on my wrist and hand to slide it off.  I usually use a thin plastic bag, but didn't have any handy.  I have to be very careful when I remove a tight jade bangle that it doesn't go flying off and land on a hard surface and crack or break.  I took it off while sitting on my bed.  It was covered with lotion, so I used my preferred liquid hand soap with no antibacterial or extra chemicals and cool water to wash it.  Then dried it with a soft towel.  Jade loves cool water.  Never use hot water to clean your jade.  It will clean up perfectly with cool water and good quality soap. 

It looked so beautiful, and glowed from the cool water, it was tempting to put it back on!

Now it's clean, polished and back in my "jade bangle bracelet drawer". a dark drawer in the cool room. 

That's the best way to keep your jade clean and in good condition.  Easy and natural, like jade itself.

Comments are welcome.  To avoid SPAM, you will not see your comment
your comment posted until it has been moderated  through SPAM check

No comments:

Post a Comment