Friday, December 9, 2016

Creative Ways to Wear and Use Jade Every Day

I purchased a new handbag for myself this week, a cross body medium size bag.  I couldn't find a really nice leather one at a price I wanted to pay.  Most were too small, or too large, and I need "medium".  I found one at Ross store, the size was right, it hung the way I want it too, and not too wide at the bottom.  Before I start using it, I want to make something to hang on it to make it look a little nicer.  I have a small box with odds and ends, and some small jade pendants, and use wire and clasps to attach it to a clasp that hooks on a handbag.  I also make key rings for important keys from jade to assure they won't get lost and will be lucky.  Then I remembered I had one jadeite "yuan bao" hanger that would look really good.  But reluctant to put it on a cheap handbag.

Jadeite "yuan bao" lucky hanger  


A customer had purchased one a few weeks ago, and sent me a photo of how it looks on her handbag.


That's a nice purse.  I'm going to wait until I get my good one for Christmas to use the last one I have.  It's still listed, and if you buy it, I can always make an alternative because there's so much you can do with jade.  The yuan bao hangers were bought in China when I was shopping there.  I learned that Chinese people use these on their mobile phones a lot.  I wish I had purchased more. 

If you buy a small jade pendant, or one of the hollow carved beads, you can make your own hanger for your handbag, or just a "little something" to carry in your pocket to keep you in good qi energy through the day.

Hollow carved jadeite bead

That's what I used the hollow carved jadeite beads for.  I made some hanging clips, then realized how popular the Pandora style bracelets are, and was very happy they fit on the bracelets, as well as you can easily string a necklace chain through it.

https://yingyujade.com/collections/jade-necklaces-and-bracelets/products/luck-and-happiness-jadeite-rabbit-adjustable-bracelet

Some of the jadeite bracelets and necklaces can also be looped through the rings on your handbag to make them special. 

Jade is endlessly interesting.  That's why I have enjoyed buying and selling it for more than 16 years, and have blogged regularly about it for 12 years.  I can always thinking of something to do with and say about jade. 

Have fun being creative with jade!



No comments:

Post a Comment