Monday, April 20, 2015

Changes, changes, and more changes.

Google officially announce that on April 21 it will change its ranking system to favor web sites that are "mobile friendly", that look and work good on mobile devices.  I heard about this earlier this year, and that was my motivation for Jade Heaven, and to move JadeBangleBracelets to a different web site.

Web sites that had a lot of relevant content, photos, YouTube videos and pages used to be ranker higher, and that was the way to go if you wanted your web site to appear high in search engines.  But now mobile use is more important.  On the Ying Yu Jade web site, there have been pages of resource information, including YouTube (by Google) videos, the blog.  So many pages, so much information, and now if the website is "mobile friendly", these features are a detriment and cause the web site to not show up in ranking.

So Ying Yu Jade will also begin its migration to the new shopping cart format.

These new formats are shopping carts essentially, not web sites.  So I have been thinking about how to keep all the resources about jade.  This Blogger is one way to provide information.  I can put more information here than on the Blogs on the shopping cart sites. And I can make links on the product and Blog pages in the new shopping cart to link to pages.  But it will be different.

The first thing I want to do is take all those jade bangle bracelets that were sold to me as grade A natural jadeite, but I am not sure it really is natural grade A, and greatly reduce them sell.  It would cost $100+ each to get them certified by a GIA gemologist.  And I don't want to add that cost to you, the customer, if you are looking for a good deal on a jade bangle. So you might get a really good deal by purchasing a jade bangle that you like, and looks good to you (and they look good to me or they wouldn't be listed) and buying it.  To sweeten the deal, there is FREE SHIPPING to USA customers.  When they are cleared out, I will add some of the really good jade bangles that I personally purchased from jade carving families, and know they are grade A, and jade bangles that have individual certificates.  And there are a lot of the good grade A jade bangle bracelets in the inventory.

JadeBangleBracelets

The other new addition to JadeBangleBracelets is shipping internationally.  I'm starting with Canada, Australia and Great Britain, and if that works out, then will add other international countries. 

Ying Yu Jade may take a few weeks to get transitioned to the new web program.  But I will keep you up to date on progress.

Last year I wanted to quit selling jade, for many reasons.  I was very upset when I heard about what Google was going to do regarding search priority.  But when I started making changes, it was actually quite interesting and gave me new energy to keep going.  I wore my "yin and yang" balancing jade bangle to give me good energy to do this work. The darker green is the qi energy for motivation and the lighter yin is to help me keep calm and carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment