Thursday, October 1, 2015

Yellow Jade and Yellow Turmeric for October

Today I put on a natural color Chinese "old river jade" bangle bracelet with honey/yellow veins on it, and my body seemed to slip into a blissful state.  My tai chi and yoga practice this morning felt powerful.  And it was time to cook up my turmeric Ayurvedic food-medicine for an inflammatory and arthritis condition I have. 



1/4 cup of organic good natural yellow color turmeric powder with 1/2 cup pure water, mix well in a small saucepan and turn on heat until it begins to come to a boil, then reduce to lowest heat.  Stir constantly for 8 minutes.  Heat can damage the properties of turmeric so keep the heat as low as possible.  A paste will form, and if it gets too thick, add a little more water.  Remove from heat after 8 minutes and cool. Keep refrigerated up to 10 days.  Use about 1/2 teaspoon of this turmeric paste daily.  Mix it with 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground is best.  Turmeric is not easily absorbed to get the benefits, and black pepper helps with absorption.  Turmeric also needs some fat with it for proper absorption, and some people add whole milk.  I'm lactose intolerant, so I add coconut oil or olive oil.  My usual turmeric "tea" is 1/2 teaspoon of the turmeric paste, with a bit of honey, the black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon powdered ginger, and a little coconut oil. 

You can do an online search about the benefits, and side effects, of turmeric.  Last year I had an inflammatory disease diagnosed by high inflammatory markers in my blood tests. I was prescribed steroid tablets, prednisone, a maintenance dose for a year.  The steroids did a lot of damage to my body.  When I stopped the prednisone, all the symptoms returned.  That's when I got desperate and got the turmeric remedy from my acupuncture doctor.  The overwhelming melt down heat-sweats-melting sensation went away.  And so did a lot of my arthritis and inflammatory pain.  When we went on our road trip last month, I took the Boswellia and Curcumin tablets with me for the 9 days we were gone.  Symptoms returned.  I learned about 1) the naturalness of turmeric powder; 2) the necessity of pepper and oil added to it so it will be absorbed by the body.

I'm sharing this information about turmeric because I am truly dedicated to  natural wellness. That's a reason why all of our jade is genuine and natural.  But I go a step beyond just selling genuine and natural jade:  it has to have the good healing qi energy, or I don't buy it in the first place.  And I sell only jade that I personally would wear.

Best wishes to all of you for a happy, healthy, and auspicious October.




No comments:

Post a Comment