Friday, December 29, 2017

Why People Wear Jade: White Jade for Dealing with Grief, Loss

During the holiday season, were "supposed to be happy" and enjoy.  And we do.  But during this time we also have memories of years passed, and people who are no longer with us because they died.  It's difficult for me to truly enjoy New Year's Eve fun and parties because a few years ago my father died on New Year's Eve, and of course that loss is on my mind and in my heart.

And I heard on the news today that one of my favorite authors, Sue Grafton died today.  She wrote a series of crime fiction books, all with titles starting with the first letter of the alphabet, "A is for Alibi".  The last one I read was "X" and her final book is  "Y is for Yesterday".  Her  novels always touched my heart, and I feel much loss and grief (she didn't finish her alphabet, "Z"). 

"Peaceful Spirit" white Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet #627
In fact, I was curled up this afternoon reading "X" again because I received the paperback for Christmas and started reading it yesterday because I was thinking about my dad and missing him and needed to just be alone and grieve quietly.  Then when I stopped reading to make dinner, I got a text from a friend that she had died.

Yes, she was 77 and had breast cancer,  but the thought of her dying before "Z" never occurred to me. 

Time to change jade bangle bracelets.  I need the healing qi energy of white jade.  White jade is related to the lung meridian, with qi energy for dealing with loss and grief, and compassion.  White jade soothes your spirit.  And it's icy cold, seems like it gives me that sense of peace and emotional isolation to deal with my grief and loss.

I wish you a very spiritual end of the year, remembering the good and the not so good but gaining the wisdom to know all your experiences brought you to where you are today and how  you can have a better, happy and healthy new year 2018.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted


No comments:

Post a Comment