Thursday, December 21, 2017

Why People Wear Jade Bangle Bracelets: Mindfulness is a Reason

When I check the search terms for customers who visit the websites, every day at least one person searches for "why people wear jade".  There are so many reasons as we have discussed in previous blogs!  If you read this, you are a jade lover who maybe doesn't even need a reason. 

This morning while I was doing my taiji and yoga, the reason of "mindfulness" made an impact on me.  I have been very busy getting jade orders in the mail in time for Christmas, doing my own Christmas shopping, baking cookies and other yummy holiday foods, enjoying all the parties and social activities.  Yesterday I was so exhausted I simply "sat" in a chair, too tired to even think about meditating while in that chair.  As I sat, I could feel the cold part of my jade bangle bracelet that was slightly away from my skin.  The feeling helped me focus on "me" and just appreciate the few minutes of "nothing".   This morning before I got started on my duties of the day, I did taiji on the screened porch in foggy but fresh air.  There were all kinds of sounds around, like the dogs next door barking at me (they are my friends and I sometimes take them to the dog walk when the neighbors have to work late). And people mowing lawns, pressure washing, walking and talking and I was enjoying the noise but not concentrating on taiji (or tai chi as we western people often write it).  Then as my arms raised, I could feel my jade bangle on my wrist, cold again and its good qi energy. I focused on it which helped me focus on what I was doing.  My taiji form felt so wonderfully better and wonderful.  And not just my imagination.  When I was done with taiji and did my first yoga pose, my jade bangle was glowing.  The veins looked deeper in color and the white part veins made the bangle look and feel even more icy cold.

I was wearing my classic round old mine Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet.  It's slender and I have noticed that I "feel" it more but not because it's comfortable.  Rounded jade bangles are often felt more, feel more hard.  Wide "cuff style" jade bangles also have a strong "feel" while you wear them.  JHBB259 is very similar to mine, and I probably purchased it from the same jade carver near the Burma border in China, because round style have been more rare and I bought that round style whenever available.

Classic round old mine Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet JHBB259
 
Of course, I have jade bangles of all sizes, shapes, width, thickness.  And I do change them when I need a different kind of energy.

When you feel your jade bangle bracelet on your wrist while you are pursuing your daily life, and focus on it, it does promote mindfulness.  And mindfulness plus jade stone helps develop intuitiveness.  As I have blogged in the past,  when a jade piece really attracts you, you keep coming back to look at it, and even feel excited, maybe even drool a little, you know that's the best jade piece for you.  It's not just for the beauty of the jade.  The jade qi energy pays you back.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted



No comments:

Post a Comment