Saturday, January 6, 2018

Cold Winter Week: What Kind of Jade to Wear for Cold Weather

We love the touch of cold when we wear or hold our jade.  But many of us don't like the winter, especially the "explosion" winter storm we are still dealing with.  Here in central Florida it was not as icy and snowing as states north, but still very cold for us.  Three nights the temperature went below freezing, and I covered some of the "special plants" and brought the goutstalk, Christmas cactus, aloe vera, roses, orchids inside the warmer porch area.  I debated if I should leave extra "garden jade" with the covered plants, but didn't want to give them that extra cold

Jade eggs for plant health and wellness
We had a lot of food in our home, especially after making a New Year's dinner with everyone's "required" foods for the new year.  I was addicted to all the desserts, cookies, candies we had over the holidays, and my body was overloaded with sugar.  While I was going through my jade bangle bracelet collection to decide which jade bangle had the best energy for me, I was not wanting "icy cold" jadeite.  I had trouble finding a jade bangle that felt really good.  I went into my vintage collection that I keep for the value and rarely wear and found just the right one for me.

My personal "warm green" and honey color carved Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet
 It's not a color I usually wear.  The green is tinged with honey color and the carving is flowers all around.  The green is a warmer green, qi enegy related to liver meridian for health and wellness of body, and not getting a cold or flu is important to me.  The honey color, sort of yellow, jade is related to the spleen meridian, stomach and intestines and helpful for all the food I have been eating.  When I get a craving for more chocolate or sweets, I rub the jade bangle, especially the carved flowers to resist the temptation.

Green and honey/yellow jade are good colors of jade to wear during winter.  The green color that is warmer can be better for you if you don't like the coldness of winter.

If you have several jade bangle bracelets and not sure which one to wear for what's going on in your life,  lay them out and "feel" each one,  and then choose the one with the best appeal to you.  That's what will benefit you.  And look quite nice, too!


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted


No comments:

Post a Comment