Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hurricane Irma and What Kind of Jade I Should Wear to Help Body Mind and Spirit

Hurricane Irma was the biggest hurricane in history.  And the news and drama made us all terrified a week before it hit Florida.  We were so stressed out by the fear that we just wanted Irma to come in and then get the heck out of here.  Our online stores closed Friday before Irma because mail delivery stopped, and I wouldn't want to have your orders shipped with the chance of being damaged or lost due to Irma.

Irma started affecting us a couple of days before she hit us.  The air pressure was lower, leading to headaches, pains, and just not feeling very well.  On Sunday evening September 10 our power went off as the winds picked up.  Near midnight, the full force had started.  Irma made a slight turn to the west as it neared Tampa, the eye right over us here in central Florida as category 2.  I was awake, in the dark, wanting to experience it fully, and could hear the tornadoes whipping by, hoping it wouldn't damage our community too much.  Our home that had been damaged in a small tornado and hail and had to be replaced was completed less than a year ago, and we didn't think we could emotionally survive another home loss.

We were very fortunate, maybe the jade in here protected us.

The next morning we wandered around our community to check on neighbors and friends.  Power was not restored.  Winds were still high.  It was obvious where the tornadoes touched down, trees and roofing destroyed.  Our landscaping plants were very damaged, surprised it wasn't worse.

Our power and internet were restored Thursday so we were out of service almost four days.  And it was 90+ degrees during the daytime.  Hotel rooms were full, but we got lucky and were able to spend Wednesday night in a Comfort Inn.  It felt so good to take a shower, get a night's sleep.  Half of our community still doesn't have power, and Duke Energy says it won't be restored until late Sunday night.  Duke Energy can get ours on, but not go to the next section to get it all on?  Duke Energy is receiving a lot of negative publicity because other energy companies have power restored, but not here.  Traffic lights still out, stores around us without power.

I'm emotionally exhausted, and kind of like PTSD, regarding big storms and safely.

I wore my "black" Chinese jade bangle bracelet with sterling silver Hurricane bracelet until a couple of days ago.  Photos are in the previous blog posting.  My "usual" old carved jadeite bangle bracelet has calming energy, but I need jade to cheer me up and give me positive qi energy.  I didn't want to replace my "usual" jade bangle, so added a jadeite multi-color bead bracelet to it.  After my morning tai chi and yoga, I'm getting some "tingles" of positivity.


Natural color Burmese jadeite bead bracelet with my every day jadeite bangle bracelet

Jade qi energy is an amazing "natural" healer.  Maybe it's a placebo, but if it works, do it.
The honey-yellow in my carved jade bangle is related to spleen meridian, my stomach is more calm, and feelings of anxiety, also related to spleen meridian, are become more calm. I know I won't feel happy again until my friends and neighbors power is back on, and I have shared jade with some of them.

Jade is truly "medicine" for body, mind and spirit.

Comments are welcome.  To avoid SPAM, you will not see your comment
your comment posted until it has been moderated  through SPAM check

No comments:

Post a Comment