Sunday, September 18, 2016

Jade for Healthy Body, Mind and Spirit. And Impatiens

The front area outside our home is very shady.  There are big old Florida oak trees, some palm trees, lots of Spanish moss. When we moved in 12 years ago, there were some impatiens flowers near the porch and steps.  They hadn't been taken care of for a long time, and some were dying, so I bought new impatiens and planted them along side.  They died. Every time I bought new impatiens plants they would quickly die.  So I worked at keeping the original impatiens healthy,

Then when we had our home demolished and the new one put in, I knew if I didn't keep some, I wouldn't be able to have impatiens ever again.  I used five big pots and put in as much of the soil surrounding the plants in them.  The building process completely wiped out that area around the porch, so I knew if I didn't care for them, that would be the end of impatiens there.  I had an area in a little palm grove near the driveway on the other side of the house that I put other plants that were rare and I was very fond of, and watered them every day, even during the six weeks we lived somewhere else.  I let the workers know that was sacred ground, where my ashes would be after I was dead and cremated, and they knew that area was off limits to them.

Last week the porch and sidewalk area was completed, and we could work on the landscaping there. I brought the impatiens plants and decided to put them in the
corners and nooks around the porch where they would get shade, a small amount of sunlight, and not get trampled.  I hadn't noticed previously, but two of the pots had plants that were considerably more healthy, larger and greener.  When I pulled the plants out of the pots, the healthier ones had jade pieces in the soil and at the bottom of the pots.  I had used broken jade pieces, jade eggs that were carved incorrectly, to mix with the soil when I put them in the pots.  When I put the impatiens in the ground, I put the jade pieces with them.  They are almost twice the size as the ones that were in the pots with just soil.

Impatiens on left were growing with jade pieces in soil


Jade is not only healthy and healing to people.

And now I know what to do with the boxes of broken jade pieces I kept in storage.  We have a lot of landscaping work to do yet.  Jade sure has good energies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment