Sunday, May 19, 2019

Gem Trade Show Update: Where's the Real Genuine Jade?

The G&LW Gem show was this weekend, and I went the first day because some of the vendors from China bring real jade they show me first before they add it to their sales.  I have learned from jade shopping in China to not buy everything at the first shopping stop because jade is stone, stone is heavy, and carrying all that jade around requires strength!  But this time as I made my "walk through" to check out everything before I started purchasing, I had a feeling there wouldn't be much good jade for sale.  Only two of the vendors had Burmese jadeite, and only beads. 

The seller I purchased from loved my jade bangle bracelet that I was wearing.  She said she'd trade me the entire inventory for it! 

My personal Burmese jade bangle bracelet I wore to gem show
Genuine natural grade A Burmese jadeite, at least 20 years old


I put the jade beads in my car, then returned to wander around the show.  Metal "singing bowls" were quite popular.  I have "old" metal singing bowls, and know how "good ones" should sound.  A few of them had the good sound and vibration, but most were "average" quality, made from one metal.
Lots of beads for sale everywhere.   Pearls seemed to be in all the bead sellers displays.  And pearl prices have increased for the real pearls, but the artificial pearls were pretty and looked real.  The vendor who was selling the "fake jade" rollers was there again.  He was selling the popular rose quartz rollers, too, and told me the price was so low because they were glass, not "real" quartz.  When I asked about his "Chinese jade" pendants, he asked me to wait a minute, then added a sign:

"Peking Glass Pendants" that are sold as "jade"


I didn't find any other jade or gemstones I wanted to purchase, so it was a short trade show for me.  I didn't even buy something special for myself, which I usually do.

Sometimes people who are looking at my jade web sites ask me why the prices are "so high".  I could sell "Peking Glass" pendants for a much lower price than "real" Chinese jade pendants.  

When you shop Ying Yu Jade, Jade Bangle Bracelets, and Jade Heaven, you get "real" jade, and you get what you pay for.  There are some jade sellers in China who are constantly looking at my jade collections and tell me they charge higher prices than I do, in China and Hong Kong.     

And if you see something jade your really like, you can contact me to make an offer, so you can "shop like you're at a jade market in China".

Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.




3 comments:

  1. Hi i wanna ask i just bought Jade bangle but doesn't it is real?the seller Said its grade A from Myanmar and i bought not expensive..when i first wore it,it is has cold even when my room warm its still cold.does its real jadeite?
    2.i wear bangle each side in my arm and when i sleep i accidentally bang my bangle each other and when morning i check each bangle had white spot in the bang place..oh i also take shower Bu i feel weird because after i take shower..the tommorrow i feel the jade more loose than first time wear?
    Need advise..thx you so much..mam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1)The only way to know if your jade is real is by gemology testing, using refraction. You can take it to a jewelry store, some have gemologists who can test it for you.
      2) If your jade gets spots, it might be color treated, a B or C grade. If it tests as jadeite by refraction, it's "real jade" even if it is color treated. Most color treated jade is first washed with acid to remove the color, then color added. It will change color over time. Genuine natural grade A jadeite does not change color, although it might look more pretty and "glowing" as you wear it.
      Sometimes body parts change their sizes slightly, after sleeping, eating, hydrating or being dehydrated. When you're in the shower you are probably more "slippery" because of soap, and that will make your jade feel more loose
      Hope that helps. Thanks for reading JadeBlogger.

      Delete
  2. hi..thanks you for the reply buat fortunately i doesn:t had time to check the jade...and also the green apple jade that i wear had many white spot form bang to tge cup or other jade.so i test to bang the jade to glass cup the result got white chip but the colour fade and under the bangle had many white spot..its weird..i tell the seller she said natural jade not change colour ...but its really change colour even slighty right became more green and the purple colour show up after wear the bangle...
    i;m confused does natural jadeite had white spot if bang to gglass cup or grade a natural jadeite but poor quality?

    ReplyDelete