Sunday, April 28, 2019

What Kind of Jade Should I Wear for Yin and Yang Balance

The previous post showed photos of the Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet I was wearing at the time.  I was doing my usual sorting of jade inventory and wondered why I was keeping that one for myself.  It was very pale (yin) and didn't look very interesting until I started handling it, put it on my wrist.  It was about 2 mm smaller than the size I usually wear so it was very difficult to get over my wrist, and then it was "stuck".   That's why I wore it for awhile.  And that's why I took photos of it on my wrist.

After the blog post, I got an offer from from a long time customer who wears the same size I do.  She is a "jade sister" because if I'm reluctant to sell a jade bangle, my size, that I really love, if it's going to a customer who is a "jade sister" (same size, long time customer) I am happy to know it will go to a wrist and will be worn.

She was looking for comfort in her life, and the soft yin colors, hues of lavender, appealed to her. Lavender is rare as a natural jade color, and has spiritual qi energy (yin).

I took it off my wrist, cleaned it up and got it ready to ship.  But couldn't go more than a few minutes without having a jade bangle bracelet on my wrist.  I went to my "favorites" drawer  with no idea about what I was looking for.  I "felt around" and pulled out this one:



I purchased this jade bangle bracelet during a shopping trip in China in 2005 when I went near the Burma border and shopped directly from the jade carvers so I could view their jadeite rough to help me determine that they were genuine and natural, and bargained with the seller to purchase a quantity.  I never put one I intend to buy for me personally because I don't want the sell to know how much I want it and charge me a higher price.  This one is actually quite small, also, and difficult to get on but fits close to the wrist.  The color is a combination of dark green (yang) and lighter green (yin) so it's a good qi balance.  Because the previous jade bangle was the soft yin color, after wearing this for a few hours I felt more energy in my body, mind and spirit. 

That's what "yin and yang" is all about.  Do you need peace, comfort, soft healing in your life?  Choose "yin".   If you need more energy, assertiveness, at a time in your life when you need to take risks to get ahead, choose "yang". 

An example:  if you have chronic pain, you probably need gentleness in your life, but you also need some extra energy to get through your day (your life!).  So a yin and yang balance is helpful to you.

Another example:  if you are going through menopause, or an illness that takes time to get better,  mostly light color "yin" with some "yang" deeper color may be helpful.

The "jade sister" who read the previous blog told me she often looks at the jade on our web sites as "comfort".  She knows she will be attracted to the jade that has the qi energy that she needs at the time.

That's why I have a large collection of jade bangle bracelets for myself.  Every day, every week, month is different and I need the right qi energy from my jade as "medicine" to benefit me.

Wearing "jade as medicine" is certainly a good reason to buy more jade!


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.






No comments:

Post a Comment