Friday, April 19, 2019

How Should I Wear My Jade Bangle Bracelet? Here's Some Everyday Tips for Wearing Jade Bangle Bracelets

I haven't blogged recently because I have been going through the jade inventory I have at my home so I can decide if it's time to bring in more.  While I'm checking out what I have available, I have been consolidating what I can to store it more compactly.  And I have noticed some photos of jade listed need to be re-taken because the older photos don't use the same improved camera and editing technology. 

If you read this blog, you know that I can't resist keeping some for myself!   I have "so many"  I can't wear all of them, and I do go through those periodically to get some of my smaller size jade bangles listed, instead of sitting untouched in a storage box.   I came across one that I couldn't think about why I would want to keep it for myself because it seemed so bland and uninteresting.  It is "old mine" Burmese jadeite, that I purchased during my shopping trip to China in 2002 near the Burma border, directly from the jade carver.

I put it on my wrist.

And it was about 3mm smaller than I usually wear, and I couldn't get it off, even with the "plastic bag" technique.

So I wore it.  And as I wore it, I noticed how it started to get that "glow" that your good jade gets when you wear it:  the jade qi energy and your qi energy working together.   Then I noticed some apple green veins become more obvious, and the "glow" showed some hues of lavender.  That's why I kept it!

The apple green, almost imperial green vein in my jade bangle bracelet

Hues of lavender that became more obvious as I wore this jade bangle that is very small for me
It's been almost two weeks since I have had it on my wrist, and now that my wrist is not swollen from all the pressure of putting on an very small jade bangle bracelet, I had to acknowledge that the smallest jade bangle you can get on your wrist is actually the best one to wear.  When I make dinner at home, I almost always make a salad.  That requires chopping with a big sharp knife on my chopping board.  This "tiny" jade bangle stayed on my wrist, didn't "clunk" down to the chopping board, and not "clunking around" is the main reason wearing your smallest size will help keep your jade bangle from breaking.  Hitting your jade bangle on something hard is the reason I hear the most for why it breaks.

And since it's small on my arm, it doesn't ride up and get in the way when I'm doing reaching activity. Another way to avoid "clunking around".

Here are some tips for choosing and wearing your jade bangle bracelet.

1.  Choose the jade bangle bracelet that attracts you the most, the one you keep coming back to look at.  Maybe you even drool a little when you look at it.  That means it has good qi energy for you.

2. Wear the smallest size you can get on your wrist.  The web site has videos about finding your jade bangle bracelet size.

3.  I often get asked: what wrist should I wear my jade bangle on?   It is traditional to wear jade on your left wrist because your left arm is closest to your heart.  And wearing your jade bangle on your non-dominant wrist means it will get less activity, less chance for breaking.  If you are left handed, make the choice about which wrist to wear it based on the tradition of wearing it left and close to your heart, and how active you are and your risk of it clunking around on your left dominant wrist. 

4.  If you are wearing the smallest size you can get on, and keep it on a long time, you will probably keep it clean because you wear it when you bathe.  Just polish it with a soft towel or cloth, and that will remove debris, oils, etc.

5.  A risk of wearing the smallest bangle you can get on your wrist is that when you do remove it, be very careful about that.  Yanking it off can cause it to fly away from you and land on a hard surface,  and crack or break.  My office is carpeted, and I sit on the floor when I am working with jade, especially my own jade bangle bracelets.

Hope that helps you decide "how to wear my jade bangle bracelet".

Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.





No comments:

Post a Comment