Friday, March 30, 2018

Help! My Jade Bangle is Too Small and it Hurts to put it on My Wrist

When customers receive their new jade bangle bracelet, and let me know how much they like it, sometimes they are very sad they can't get it on their wrist.  The "newer" Burmese jadeite bangle bracelets, the ones with certificates of gemology testing, sometimes feel like they are 1-2mm too small.  I respond with a link to suggestions for putting on your jade bangle bracelet when it seems like it is too small and hurts the wrist.


Most customers finds this works, and are happy again.

If you have wrists that are tender, wearing a jade bangle that fits as close to the wrist as possible minimizes the contact with the bone are at the base of the thumb.  For women who have arthritis or other pain conditions, the jade bangle moving on or over that part need extra help.

A long time "jade sister" and customer sent me an email with helpful information:
"I have a new way of putting on my bangles that might help other clients that have the frail skin like me.  I always use a plastic bag, usually, the plastic newspaper sleeves as they are more narrow.  But I add an additional step.  Part of the problem with my skin and putting on bangles is if the skin moves or is stretched even with a plastic bag that can cause it to bleed under the skin.  So, I take saran wrap.  I fold my thumb and little finger under my hand to make my hand as narrow as possible, then I put saran wrap on as that holds the skin tight and adds protection.  Then I put my hand in the plastic newspaper sleeve and put my bangle on.  No injuries that way."

If you are like me, send her a mental "thank you" when you use the technique.  Very helpful for getting on the smallest jade bangle bracelet you can wear with the least amount of pain.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment