Friday, February 17, 2017

Jade Heaven Advice: Change Your Jade Bangle Bracelet as the Weather Changes

Our vacation was very relaxing and interesting.  Most of our 10 day cruise was south Caribbean area, including Turks and Caicos, and Dominican Republic.  And those two countries are where I find the most pretty larimar stone.

I first purchased a larimar blue gemstone pendant during a visit to a resort in Dominican Republic ten years ago.  I have loved it and worn it often.  The natural larimar color "goes" with jadeite color, and they seem to complement each other.  Every time I go to those two countries I purchase another larimar piece.  My favorite larimar store is on Grand Turk, and a girlfriend and I went there to check it out.  She was also with me when we purchased our first larimar on Dominican Republic.  She purchased a pendant, ring, earrings and bracelet, and I purchased a substantial pendant, sterling silver octopus legs wrapped around a big piece of larimar, and earrings.

That's when the carved jadeite bangle bracelet I had been wearing for several months didn't feel "right"; it felt too heavy on my wrist.   As soon as I got home, before I unpacked anything, I went to my dresser drawer and pulled out my "warm weather" every day Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet.



Larimar seems to have energy like jade.  Wearing the larimar after I purchased gave me an even strong sense of relaxation during the rest of the cruise.

After Turks, the ship went to DR where larimar is mined.  My friend and I were both so eager to check out the shops for a few more pieces.  When we looked at the shops, we noticed very deep blue larimar that just didn't look right to us.  The prices were very low compared to other larimar we had purchased.  I asked if the larimar had been color treated,  and sure enough, one of the sellers admitted that it was.  

So jadeite is not the only gemstone that gets color treated.  But it sure shows on the larimar.

That evening on the ship, taking the elevator to dinner, two women were wearing the darker blue larimar, and one of the men mentioned to me that my larimar was more light color, but looked so much nicer.  I didn't want to get into my pet peeve about color treating, and my husband nudged me so I would keep my mouth shut.  

The weather in the Caribbean was warm, sunny, humid, moreso than the weather here in central Florida.  And my body was craving the more yin jadeite of my everyday jadeite bangle, shown in the photo above.  When I wear the larimar pieces with my jade bangle bracelets, any of them, they all seem to complement each other.  And they all have good qi energy for the warming weather that we'll gave over the next 5-6 months.  

If you are sensitive to qi energy, and your everyday jade doesn't "feel" right, that means you should consider have\ing cool-cold weather jade (more yang) and warm-hot weather gemstones.  I actually have some jade for those "in between" days when I need a specific jade energy for what I'm experiencing at the time.

Jade Heaven will rotate the genuine, natural Burmese jadeite bangle bracelets to offer different ones at sale prices every few days, so if you need a different energy jadeite, you will be able to get a sale price.  Check back often.

And enjoy playing and mixing your jadeite with your other gemstones.

Comments are welcome.  To avoid SPAM, you will not see your comment
your comment posted until it has been moderated  through SPAM check


No comments:

Post a Comment