Tuesday, August 25, 2020

 When I went to China for jade shopping every summer, I would shop from Dandong in the north, and then go south to the Myanmar border for Burmese jadeite shopping.   I would first fly into Beijing.  Then the next day take a train from Beijing to Dandong.  The train departed Beijing around 3:30 in the afternoon, and arrived in Dandong around 7 am the next morning.  I traveled with my Chinese doctor friend, and our compartment usually had a total of four people, so it was quite an interesting trip.  When we arrived in Dandong, my jade associate met us at the train station.  We still had quite a way to travel to Xiuyan to meet with our jade carver.  The jade carver makes Ying Yu Jade Chinese medicine tools, jade rollers, gua sha tools, jade eggs and ben wa balls for kegel exercise to Chinese medicine standards.  And he carves very good quality jade bangle bracelets and pendants, and more.  

The bus ride to Dandong was long, slow, up the mountains, and if we took the bus we didn't know how or when we would be able to return, especially if we had much jade with us.  Taxis would not take us that far. Somehow we were able to access government limousines, the drivers were very interested in the "American woman" and actually felt priviledged to take us.  After the long train ride, when I got in the limousine, I was amazed to find jade seat covers on all the seats.  Oh, my, how good they felt!  And they looked so awesome.  And around Dandong, many of the cars had jade seat covers in them.  So of course I had to buy a set of two from our jade carver.

And did I use it in my car?  No!  It took me a long time to get good photos, make a YouTube video about the jade seat covers.  During summers here in Florida, I pack my favorite jade items carefully for storage because summer in Florida is hurricane season and I do not want to lose my jade, especially the rare items like jade tea pot sets, carvings, and these jade seat covers.  A few years ago our home was damaged so badly we had to have a new one.  Almost all the jade went into storage during that process, and I'm still finding jade items that were packed in storage. Including these jade seat covers.

They are for sale, a set of two.  I searched online to find jade seat covers, get an idea of the price, and cannot find genuine jade covers made like this.  They are heavy and I finally found a box that I can ship them in, so now they are listed and for sale.

Here is the YouTube video.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CelEzTw-Xec



And this is a link to the jade car seat covers on Ying Yu Jade (if they have not been sold)


Visit Ying Yu Jade


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted





2 comments:

  1. Hello! I have a Jade bangle given to me but I am unable to tell if it is real or not. There is no gemologist around my area and there is a tiny little crack on it though not noticeable. Do you think maybe I can email you and maybe you could just help me take a look ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Allie. You can contact me at jadeheaven88 @ yahoo.com and send a photo. Include information about where it was purchased and the price so we can get a better idea of the quality.

    ReplyDelete