Sunday, January 12, 2020

Jade Teapot and Teapot Sets - Amazing Use of Jade!

I finally listed the jade teapots and teapot set that were "buried" in the inventory.  It took several weeks to get the photos so they look like "the real thing".  Then study them carefully and try to remember the history.  And if you read these blogs, you know that it is difficult for me to list and sell something I truly love.  Yes, it's jade teapots.  I did keep one set for myself.

I purchased the jade teapots during my trip to China in 2000.  I didn't intend to buy teapots to sell because they are heavy, and I had to carry them home in my luggage which means less room for jade bangle bracelets, pendants, all of the things I sell online.  But my first experience was when I went to a Chinese government jade museum in north east China, near Xiuyang. They rarely saw "foreigners" so I got a good look around.  Fascinating jade items.  The good green translucent Chinese jade that Chinese people have worn for centuries.  And that was when I was introduced to "river jade".  Some of the jade mines had rivers that caused the jade to get unique natural color, not only green but also honey, charcoal and black, yellow and red-orange.  I bought my first teapot set there.

Vintage "River Jade" Chinese Teapot Set

That was the year I met a jade carver in China who would make most of the Chinese jade items I sell.  When the person who is still my associate in China took me to the jade market to meet him, he pulled out some teapots that he had stashed away.  Maybe he didn't really want to sell them, like me when I love something!

"Flower and Bird" Chinese Jade Teapot SetA vintage set carved prior to the year 2000
One of my favorites is a large jade teapot with four small jade teapots.  This is a Dynasty, vintage set that is very rare.

Pumpkin Shape Large Teapot with Four Small Teapots
Of course I purchased very unique and well carved jade teapots.  These two are also vintage and unique:


"Power, Strength and Good Luck" Jade Teapot Set

This teapot is relates to the Chinese Spring Festival.  "Rooster Rides Elephant" is symbolic of honesty, protection, wisdom and strength.

"Rooster Rides Elephant" Chinese Jade Teapot Set

Jade always "means something".   That is part of Chinese culture.  When you display one in your home, office or special place. you and those who observe it benefit from the "good qi energy" of jade.  

These are the only teapot sets I bought because of the price, storage, and cost for shipping because they need special wrapping and are heavy to ship.  I do have to resist asking my jade carver what he has to sell now!



Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.





No comments:

Post a Comment