Saturday, November 23, 2019

Is My Jade Real? Are My Jade Rollers REAL Jade?

This online business keeps me busy.  Products to photograph and list, orders to fill, customers who have many questions.  One of the most common questions: "is my jade real?". 

I also have a home and a husband, so that part of life is also time consuming.  And I have good friends and an active social life.

So I shop online a lot. 

I used to buy most of my clothes, accessories, and many other things on Amazon Prime.  It used to be easy to return items, like clothes that don't fit the way you think they will.   On Amazon I could request a return and refund, print a USPS label that would make it easy to return because it's easy and free to schedule a USPS pick up.  Now Amazon only gives UPS labels, and you have to take the package to a UPS drop off or store, because UPS charges for pick up.

That's when I started shopping at Ross store,  usually weekly, because it's close to home, and convenient.  I discovered that the clothes, shoes and most household products like towels, rugs, cookware cost less than Amazon's and I could touch them, try them on, and then know what I am getting.

A few weeks ago when I was shopping in the body and hair supplies at Ross, I saw a jade roller.  It was only $6.99 and I was surprised because that's cheaper than what I pay for my jade rollers, plus shipping from China.  The box was sealed, so I couldn't examine it, and I bought it.  This is what I got:

"Jade" Roller purchased at Ross store

The picture on the box looked like a "real" jade roller.  But the actual roller was very different, the color darker and not "glowing" like jade.    I sent this photo to my associate in China who works with our jade carver.   This is what he sent me:

"Fake" jade rollers, made from marble

Genuine natural traditional Chinese jade rollers.  Moderately translucent,
with good qi energyPlease note photos taken by our jade carver in
China on mobile phone, not edited, so the "real thing" is much nicer than the photo shows.  

 Real Chinese jade is a light-to-medium green and moderately translucent.  Sometimes when there is a supply of really "good green" jade, the jade carver makes some for me as "something special".    Yes, these "fake jade rollers" are nice and green, and they work like a roller should, but if you are looking for the good qi energy of real jade for health and healing, you get that only from "real jade". And real jade, "China's Traditional Jade", does cost more than marble or fake.

When you purchase jade rollers from Ying Yu Jade or Jade Heaven, or  JadeRollersWholesale, you are guaranteed to receive traditional genuine and natural jade, the kind of jade used by Chinese medicine doctors and people in China for centuries. 

Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment