Monday, October 1, 2018

What Kind of Jade to Wear: October

During September, it was so hot and humid here in central Florida that I stayed in the air conditioned home and areas most of the time.  But being outdoors, especially at sunset, is what I prefer.  I missed my outdoor time, felt some anxiety and stress.

So I used my time adding new products to the jade websites.   After they were photographed, edited, the jade pieces went in a box where I randomly chose a piece to list.  I pulled out a carved Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet and started listing it on Ying Yu Jade.  It is an oval jade bangle, and I add the two inside diameter dimensions to determine how it would fit like a round jade bangle bracelet.   Then I put it on my wrist to check how it really felt. 

And I have had it on my wrist since that time.

The colors and carving are very soothing, and I love looking at the color pattern and the way it's carved.  This is one of those jade bangle bracelets carved in the very traditional way.  The jade carver examined the stone to determine how to use the colors and jadeite stone variation to get the best result.  Then on an auspicious day, he would do the carving.  It looks like there are some clarification lines on the surface that were incorporated to the entire design. Not damage, just part of natural stone.  The colorful side is the side that is on the top of my wrist and contacts my wrist most of the time.



The white side is on my wrist by the veins.  This area is smooth, not carved except lucky coins and lotus where the white meets the carved colorful area.



As I have stated before, I think most people choose the jade that has the best energy for them.  It's October now, autumn setting in, and this color combination is giving me the calming, soothing and transitional qi energy so helpful.

And I have another special Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet in my (never-ending) collection.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment