Monday, October 8, 2018

Crusising with Jade Bangle Bracelets

We started October with a 6 day Caribbean cruise.  I felt hesitant about booking the cruise in May because September is the height of hurricane season, and we usually get some tropical storms as late as November.  We traveled with two other couples who enjoy cruising.  As you may have read in previous blogs, I am considering finding a popular port in the Caribbean to rent a store space for 6-12 months to sell out my jade collection and "retire".   I wanted a chance to see closer ports, in the Mexico area, and this cruise stopped at Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  Unfortunately, those two ports were the worst ones for shopping I have been to.  Usually you can find interesting and rare, possibly hand crafted jewelry, clothes and other souvenirs in the port shops, but most of the shops were related to the cruise line so very commercialized.  We took a taxi to downtown in Cozumel and that's the only place we shopped, but rarely do tourists go there.  So, no:   not moving to the Gulf ports.

The fourth day at sea at night we saw waves hitting the fifth deck and decided to go outside and walk around the ship.  Brilliance of the Seas is a very stable and sturdy ship, and our cruise had been very smooth.  We didn't feel the rocking from the waves.  The wind was 49 mph and waves were crashing around.  I grabbed the black Chinese jade bangle I wear for protection when I travel.  It didn't look safe out there, but I felt safe with my black jade.  I had a feeling a storm was forming because the radar maps showed rainy odd areas prior to the cruise.  When we returned to our home port in Tampa we learned a tropical storm was forming.  Not surprised, because we felt it! 

Today it is officially hurricane Michael, working its way up the Gulf of Mexico and expected to hit land in the Florida panhandle as a category 2 or 3, with rain and winds extending to here in central Florida. 

Did the black jade protect us all?  Probably not, but it gave me the sense of safety and protection, and I enjoyed the rest of the cruise not worrying about the storm attacking us.  Black jade is calming and gives that protection feeling.  There's also a Chinese saying that when a jade bangle bracelet we are wearing breaks, it's because the jade took the impact of the danger and protected the wearer.  Mine didn't break.

I wore a classic round Chinese jade bangle bracelet made by my jade carver in China.  I also have a "luminous" deep deep green jade bangle bracelet, but like the true black jade when I travel.

Black Chinese jade bangle bracelets with qi energy for protection

I also had one of the best acupuncture treatments on board Brilliance of the Seas.  Doctor James did my pulse and tongue diagnosis and his explanation of my body needing more "yin".  The excessive yang has been causing muscle tightness, stress and some anxiety.  I felt much better after the treatment and have slept better since the acupuncture.  Now I know what I need to address to my primary care doctor when I have my appointment later this month.

Many people who wear jade have contacted me to tell me how their jade makes them feel.  Some are surprised that jade really does have qi energy.  And most people intuitively choose the jade that has the best qi energy for them.

 
Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.



1 comment:

  1. Very Beautiful bracelet design, I must say. It is very creatively designed and is the one I would keep it legit for my casual outfits.
    Loved it!
    diamond bracelet design
    online jewellery store

    ReplyDelete