Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Ying Yu Jade Birthday - 18 Years Selling Online

Ying Yu Jade has been online and selling jade for 18 years!

I have a feeling this is a "never ending job" for me.

In 1998 I built my first web site, Calm Spirit.  It was mostly online counseling.  Then I went to China in 1999 to learn Chinese medicine, and fell in love with jade.  The Chinese doctor I met in Beijing liked jade rollers, jade gua sha tools, and taught me about those.  We met a jade seller in Dandong, who took us to China's "Jade Capital" in Liaoning, China who introduced us to a jade carver.  I ordered a box of jade bangles, rollers, gua sha tools not much larger than a shoe  box,  and was quite scared about starting a jade business.  I started on eBay, and sold out!  So I ordered more and turned Calm Spirit into an e-commerce web site.  But it it wasn't really set up for selling,  and my associate in China told me "Ying Yu" meant "best quality jade", so Ying Yu Jade began.

Ying Yu Jade


I still chuckle when I think about how nervous I was about ordering a shoe box size of jade products.  At the height of YYJ,  I had a storage shed.  And I still have a lot of jade, but it does sell.

99% of the time it's been a great "job".  I love buying jade.  I can shop in China, or order the Chinese jade health care items from my jade carver.  I love unpacking it.  I love listing it.  But it is a big job because most items are one of a kind, require quite a few photos before editing and listing each one. Most customers are jade lovers.  And some would love to "close me down" because of the fine quality and good customer service offered.  As you know, the "fake" jades have added drama to selling jade, and when you look at YYJ and Jade Heaven, and you see what genuine and natural jade looks like, and read information about jade on the sites and the blog, it kind of puts a crimp into businesses selling "fake".

Check out the "Deal of the Day" on May 23 for some great discounts.  The more I sell, the more new jade I can buy!  Good for all of us jade lovers.

Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment