Sunday, April 22, 2018

Earth Day-Yoga Day-Taiji (Tai Chi) Day and Barbara Bush's Pearl Necklace

It's Earth Day, international Yoga Day and Qigong and Tai Chi Day.  And I'm celebrating with body, mind and spirit practice.

I started with yoga this morning, then at 10 AM did taiji (tai chi) because that was the designated time for around the world.  And I did my yoga and taiji on our open screened porch.  It became very spiritual as I listened to the abundant birds that are here now and felt very connected to Earth.

Of course my jade bangle bracelet "glowed" with qi energy as I was absorbed in my practices.  The Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet I've been wearing since our weather turned "summery" it white with apple and imperial green veins, very yin and yang balancing.

My classic round and slender Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet


Yesterday was Barbara Bush's funeral and "wear your pearls" day.  Did you know that Barbara's pearls were not "real"?  She wore the three strands close to her neck to hide wrinkles.  Even though she was a very down-to-earth person, she still had her preferences for her overall appearance.  The necklace I wore was one I had made in Beijing's Pearl Market quite a few years ago.  I carried some around with me during the day, and when women told me how beautiful it was, I was able to offer them one to purchase.

JPNeck-650 Jade and Pearls Necklace


There are still quite a few for sale on Ying Yu Jade.  Some with jade, some all pearls.  And they are "real", genuine and natural pearls.  The Beijing Pearl Market is a huge building near Temple of Heaven, and when I went to Beijing, I always went to Pearl Market.  The pearl sellers would help me design a style, then they called in their  "workers" who made them up for me while I shopped on the other floors of the Pearl Market place.

I'm getting ready to take a long walk through the nature area.  It's a very satisfying way for me to celebrate Earth Day.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.







No comments:

Post a Comment