Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Genuine and Natural Jade - Will I Find Grade A Burmese Jadeite and Chinese Jade at a Wholesale Gem Show?

 I was so happy to finally have a gem trade show to go to this year.  The G&LW Wholesale Gem Jewelry Show and Sale was a few days ago.  I "wander around" the show first, up and down all the aisles, in all the special rooms, then I can decide what to buy.   But my main goal of going to gem shows is to get inspired, and learn about what kind of jade is being sold, and the wholesale prices here in USA.

There are usual at least five sellers that know I am one of the first buyers "in the door" and set aside special jade pieces for me because they know I like their jade and prices.  This time only one seller, and I purchased some very good quality Burmese jadeite pendants, and jadeite beads for stretch bracelets.  These are for sale on both Ying Yu Jade and Jade Heaven.

There was only one gem seller who had a small collection of Burmese jadeite bangle bracelets on display.  They had fewer than 20 pieces, but they all were genuine and natural grade A Burmese jadeite.  He had a refraction tester but with my years of experience, I could tell they were grade A.  An interesting thing was that they were all smaller sizes, 53 mm -59 mm.  We discussed that 20 years ago, when I started selling jade online, those were the sizes that I purchased.  I still have a supply of these sizes that are not listed, but now most women wear larger sizes.  And we both agreed that unless the larger sizes include certificates of gemology testing,  we need to test to make sure they are genuine and natural.  The wholesale prices he had listed were actually very close to the regular prices on Ying Yu Jade and Jade Heaven.  We all enjoyed our discussion about jadeite.

Was there "fake jade" at this gem show?   Of course!  When I confronted the sellers of nephrite, quartz, aventurine, they were reluctant to admit that.  But eventually agreed it was not genuine and natural jadeite or Chinese jade.


"Rainbow Jade" beads at Wholesale Gem Show

The "jade" beads in this photo were very pretty.  And gem show visitors were buying them, some people as fast as they could before they sold out.  When I asked to step in and take a photo, someone asked if I was going to "grab them up" before they could, and I said, no, that I bought and sold only genuine and natural jade.  And I was told by the buyers that they loved to sell these color treated jade beads because they could sell at a very low price, and their buyers love them.

If you like "pretty, colorful jade", buy it!   Enjoy wearing it.   I personally have a few jade bangle bracelets that are color treated grade B, C Burmese jadeite I wear for special occasions, goes with some of my "outfits".

But if you want only genuine and natural jade, be careful of colorful, "pretty" jade.

I treat my customers the way I want to be treated.   The descriptions are honest and can be backed up by GIA gemology testing.  

Buy what you like, items that make you happy.   You know where to shop online for the best quality at reasonable prices.

Ying Yu Jade, Genuine and Natural Chinese Jade and Burmese Jadeite

Jade Heaven, "Heavenly Jade for You"


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment