Saturday, August 10, 2019

What Kind of Jade Should I Buy?

I have been buying (and selling) jade for 20 years.  My first trip to China was with a group organized by my Qigong master in 1999.  And the first jade I saw that made me fall in love with it was a jade bangle bracelet on a flight attendant. 

We went to Beijing, China to learn about qigong, qi healing, tai chi.  In the morning we got up early, before breakfast, and walked to Tiananman Square to do tai cha with the Chinese army people, and civilians in a nearby park.  Almost all of the women and some of the men were wearing jade bangle bracelets.   Then we went to a traditional Chinese medicine clinic and hospital to learn.  I had never seen jade health tools before: jade rollers, jade gua sha tools for scraping, jade acupressure rings and when I touched them, they felt so awesome, I could feel that qi energy.  I had migraine headaches at that time in my life, and when the doctor put a jade eye mask on my face, it felt wonderful and eased the tension.  So my top two "must have" jade items were jade roller, and jade facial mask.

Jade Acu-Roller

Jade Facial Mask

Jade Pillow Cover


The doctor who supervised our class told me I could return to get personalized treatment, and three months later when my qigong teacher went on a two week all around China tour, I went back to get healing from the doctor.  Since I wasn't with the group, I had time to wander around, and bought my first jade bangle bracelet. 

And then every summer, I returned to China where I eventually met my jade carver and learned so much about jade that selling jade here in USA became my second job.

Now it's my only job.  And all the jade I bought over these years has been the kind of jade I personally like.  And every time I took some of the jade items I bought out of storage, I could not resist keeping many for myself.  Now I have quite a few jade items, "odds and ends" that I'm selling that are really difficult to part with, but I truly do need to downsize.

The jade carvings are difficult to part with because to keep them safe I have them on shelves in my office so I see them every day.  Here are some of my favorites:

Chinese jade 3-legged Money Toad
Dragon Protects Pearl Chinese Jade Round Carving

Jade Tea Pot and Cups Set, Usable Size



I need to take more photos of the jade teapot sets to show the actual "usable size", and more details, but then I won't want to sell them!

And of course there is all the Chinese jade and Burmese jadeite bangle bracelets, pendants, jewelry that I love and have blogged about.  And will continue to blog about the wonderful jade with qi energy for body, mind and spirit.  Check the former blog posts to see more jade that might give you a better idea about "what kind of jade should I buy".

Buy what you LOVE!


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.




1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog while researching about jade for a blog post. A blog dedicated to jade! How lovely. I am planning to read through your posts and immerse myself more in the world of Jade.

    ReplyDelete