Monday, December 3, 2018

What's the "Best Jade Bangle Bracelet" for You?

As I have mentioned in previous posts,  the "best" jade bangle for you is the one that attracts you the most.  It's the jade bangle you see for the first time, it kind of takes your breath away.  You keep coming back to look at it.  It gives you "feelings" inside.  That's the qi energy that works best for you "calling to you".  And that's the jade bangle you will be very happy and healthy wearing.

I often get photos from customers who purchased a jade bangle bracelet, and they are wearing it on their wrist.  Sometimes they are customers who have purchased more than one, perhaps several, jade bangle bracelets.  But when they put their new jade bangle on, they feel like they will never take it off.

The problem I have is that I handle jade bangle bracelets every day.  I get them ready for their photos.  Then we take at least 10, usually 50 or more photos of the more expensive ones.  Then the photos are slightly edited so they show the color and quality as best as possible, and look as much like "the real thing" as possible.  We would rather you be pleasantly pleased when you receive it and see it is so much more pretty than the photo shows, as opposed to being disappointed because it doesn't look as good as the photo.  We never "photo shop" our photos.  That's how we can show how they look.  Then I handle them to describe them as best as possible on the web sites, measuring them carefully and spending about 30 minutes getting each one listed. 

And that's where the problem for me is.  The "small ones", my size, look more pretty as I handle them.  The qi energy of the jade bangle may truly respond to me.   And I struggle listing it to sell, because I want to keep it for myself.  The more I handle it, the more I want it.  And if I put it on my wrist, that's the end of selling it. 

JHBB577 is an example of this "problem".   It's a Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet I purchased in 2002 when I was shopping near the Burma border, directly from the jade carver.  Classic "fu lu shou" coloring, "hong" reddish-honey color, green and white.  Moderately translucent. 

JHBB557 "Old Mine" Burmese Jadeite Bangle Bracelet

When I first purchased it, I couldn't wait to list it.  It was one of the most expensive I bought and I wanted to get it listed and sold.   But a few weeks after I listed it, I decided I wanted to keep it for myself.  So I removed it from the Jade Heaven web site. 

Today I added it again. 

I couldn't fit it in the drawer where I keep my personal jade bangle bracelets without removing one to make space for it.

Within a few hours of listing it, I got an email from a jade seller in Hong Kong who is always criticizing me for selling the "old mine" jadeite bangles too cheap.  He thought it should sell for around $100,000.  Sure, that would be nice, but I really do price my jade cheaper than you would buy it in China.   And there's a statement is ships to USA addresses only, because Chinese and Hong Kong jade sellers really believe some of the prices are too low and they could sell them much higher priced.

I would keep it if I thought I would wear it often.  But most of the time I still wear my "old" carved Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet I "traded" a woman on a train in China for.   This one has the best qi energy for me:   calming, soothing, healing.




Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment