Saturday, July 7, 2018

What Kind of Jade Bracelets to Wear? Check Out Guan Yin's Style

People often ask me what is the best kind of jade bracelet to wear.  They look at jade bangle bracelets, jade bead bracelets,  silk cord bracelets with jade tied in. 

Everyone has their idea about what they like to wear.  Some people love jade bangle style bracelets, and some people aren't comfortable with the hard jade on their wrist.  They might choose the jade bead bracelets that are easier to wear.

My "altar" in the office started with a small statue of Guan Yin, Buddha of Compassion, sometimes called Kwan Yin and perhaps other Asian names.


Guan Yin is wearing both a jade bangle bracelet and a jade bead bracelet.  And Guan Yin is culturally very old, so the style of wearing both kinds of jade bracelets really does have a history.

I have always liked to wear my jade bangle bracelet on my left wrist, closer to my heart than if I wore it on my right wrist.  My left hand is the non-dominant hand for me, so my jade bangles gets less chance of hitting a hard surface and breaking.   And I love the jade bead bracelets, so I very often wear beads on my right wrist,  it seems "balancing".

Burmese jadeite bead bracelet 

Classic round old mine Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet, slender width
When I was shopping in a local Chinatown several years ago, I walked in a store and right next to me was a life size Guan Yin statue.  She had real jade bangle bracelet on one wrist, and the bead bracelet on her other wrist.  So this seems to be the traditional classic, and spiritual way to wear jade bracelets.

The jade bangle bracelet was classic round and slender, very feminine and comfortable.  All jade bangle bracelets for women were carved round and slender back in the Dynasty days, when women who wore jade were elite and didn't run the risk of breaking jade while doing physical labor.

If you are attracted to the qi energy of jade, wearing one on each wrist will not only be beautiful, but give you a very spiritual "feel".  Try it!

                          Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment