Friday, February 16, 2018

Always Wear Your Black Jade When You Travel (or at least take it with you!)

We're back to "life as normal" again after a 10 day cruise, Mardi Gras celebrations for two days, Valentine's Day and now Chinese New Year of the Dog.

And this is the first time I traveled and didn't wear my "black" deep deep green jade bangle bracelet for protection.  I am paying the price.

"Black" deep green carved jade bangle with bead "spacer" and one of my regular jade bangle bracelets





I usually wear the carved dragon "black" Chinese jade when I travel for protection from people and things, and negativity.  I didn't realize that it wasn't in my handbag until we were on the road to Miami for the cruise ship.  Since this flu season is making so many people ill, I intended to wear it.  Surprisingly, not many people on the ship got ill or had the flu.  So I thought everything would be OK.  And it was, until the bus ride back home.  A man behind me coughed and sneezed for the 4+ hours we traveled.  My fingers itched to that "black" jade bangle.

When we arrived home, our community had a Mardi Gras party, huge dinner, and "crowning" of a new king and queen for the Mardi Gras parade and party the next day.  It was so much fun.  But Valentine's Day started out bad because I started sneezing and coughing.  And I kick myself for not having that jade bangle in my handbag, where I usually keep it. 

Coincidence?  Or does black jade really protect?   Black jade's protective qualities have been cherished by many for centuries.  It has been known to have powers of purification and discharging negativity.  And I love it, think it is beautiful.

And I better not forget it keep it nearby in the future.  I am surely paying the price.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.
Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted  


2 comments:

  1. I HAVE A QUESTION ------
    I have several Black jade bangles. They are 3 black nephrite bangles and one black jadeite bangle.
    I LOVE how they look and LOVE how the nephrite bangles are cut (princess cut/ round cut bangle) BUT I'm always tired whenever I wear black bangles?!?
    I know it is protective and that's why I wesr them. I also have heard they give you extra energy and are good for pain management. This is true -- IT DOES help me with my fibromyalgia, plus bone & arthritis pain that is injury caused(I was hit by a car while walking.)
    So WHY is it that I always seem so tired when I wear my black bangles?!
    I love wearing them, and I love how they look and I want the new one I got for my birthday/valentines day/anniversary gift to be my everyday bangle because it is a black nephrite faceted bangle I have been eyeing for at least 4 years. So I feel so happy and triumphant that I finally got it.
    But why am I so burned out all the time??
    I really want to wear it all the time... u really do.
    I notice that when I change my bangles to a green or lighter color bangle that my energy returns very quickly??
    I try to balance out by wearing a white jade bangle on my right hand and that helps, but I would love to wear my dark gray bangle or my spotted black & gray...
    do you have an idea on why this is happening and how I can help myself out with more energy?
    Putting a white or green bangle on my right wrist helps some, but other than that idk what to do??
    help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. And no "right answer". Black jade has very "yang" properties, and that's one of the ways it protects. Sometimes I think my black jade "wears me out" just wearing it because when I remove it and put on my regular more "yin" green and white jade bangle, I feel more comfortable all over. I also have fibromyalgia, and that's a yang condition, so the black jade yang and the fibro yang may be exhausting. I often keep my black jade bangle in my handbag, so I can have it with me, but not wear it. I also have some jade bangles that I wouldn't wear all the time, a couple are not natural color and very yang, but they are fun to wear for certain occasions. I do feel relief when I take it off, put my regular one on. Post again if you get more ideas about the black jade, and how you feel with it.

    ReplyDelete