Saturday, July 24, 2021

How to Take Care of Jade in Summer

 You love your jade.  You take good care of your jade bangle bracelet because you want to keep it "happy and healthy".  You wonder "what do I do if my jade cracks or breaks".  

Jade is "stone", and it is special.  So how do we take care of our jade in summer?

This is a very hot summer this year.  When it's not raining, the sun is shining brightly.   And jade does not like heat or bright light.  When I shopped in China for best quality Burmese jadeite, especially bangle bracelets, I always went to the Burma border to buy directly from the jade carvers, and I only purchased from the sellers who did not have their jadeite in direct sunlight.  And then when I was in the cities, like Guangzhou, where there were "jade markets", and shops that sold very valuable and high priced jadeite, the shops looked dark from the outside, and looked like they were closed, but they were actually open. * They kept the lights turned off, and when customers came in, they had low lights.  That's where I learned that living in Florida, I needed to keep my jade out of direct sunlight.  All of the inventory I have in storage is in closets so they don't have light.  And are cool.  That's why sometimes customers receive the jade they purchased and tell me it's slightly different from what they expected.  I tell them to put the jade bangle on your wrist and wear it all the time for awhile, and it gets its "glow" back, looks more pretty in regular daylight.  

I also wear my jade bangle when I go to the pool, in the water.  But I don't stay in the pool for a long time, usually just to cool off, get a little water exercise.  When I get out of the pool, I immediately take a shower and clean the jade bangle, rub it dry.  I've been doing this for 16 years now, living in Florida and have not damaged a jade bangle.  But I do keep my Chinese jade "Money Toad" in my office near a window, and I see Toad is losing its good green color.  (We're both getting old!).


My personal Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet with imperial green 
color, wide, smallest size I can get on my wrist.  Value $50,000+

Also, when I get on my "hands and knees" and wash floors, clean hard countertops, I am careful not to let my bangle hit a hard surface.   And that's a reason to wear the smallest jade bangle you can get on so it sits close to your wrist and doesn't move up and down your arm much.  

Also, when I take my jade bangle off because I need the qi energy from a different jade bangle, I always remove it over a soft area so if it falls, it won't break.  

So protect your jade by keeping it clean.  You can wear it when you bathe or shower, it loves water, but wipe it clean when you are done.  If you use sunscreen, lotions, clean the jade from it.  If you stop wearing your jade for awhile, keep it in a cool, dark place.  

*When you shop our stores Ying Yu Jade and Jade Heaven, you will find some Burmese jadeite bangle bracelets and pendants that are very high price.  That's because they were purchased in specialty shops, very valuable, beautiful and "best quality".   On Jade Heaven and Ying Yu Jade, you do get what you pay for.



Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment