Monday, June 14, 2021

What Kind of Jade Should I Wear - Daoism, Balance and Empty Vessel Magazine

 If you are interested in Daoism, "the Way", you might be interested in the Empty Vessel Magazine.  Right now it is an option to get a free copy of previous Empty Vessel magazines when you make a purchase on Ying Yu Jade.  


Empty Vessel Magazine

Many of our jade items have descriptions that are related to Daoism.  For example, "Yin and Yang" (light and dark) balancing jade bangle bracelets, pendants.  

Many customers tell me that they find a jade bangle, pendant or carving that appeals to them so much they keep coming back to look at it, and when they receive it they feel very attached to it, and it means so very much to them.  And they often ask me why they feel that way.

One of the main ideas of Taoism is the belief in balancing forces, or yin and yang. These ideas represent matching pairs, such as light and dark, hot and cold, action and inaction, which work together toward a universal whole.

And that's one of the reasons I was attracted to jade when I first started going to China and seeing people wearing jade, looking at jade in shops all over China.  There is so much jade for sale in China that instead of just buying any jade to sell, I put my mind and body in a Dao state to "feel" what felt extra special, and that's the only kind of jade I would buy to sell online.  And when I "felt" jade qi energy, every Chinese jade and Burmese jadeite piece I purchased was genuine and natural.  

Dao is "the Way".  It is a simple and natural way of being in our bodies and our psyches, and sharing the Way of being with all life we come into contact with. (Quote from Empty Vessel)

I went to several Buddhist and Daoist monasteries in China, some in major cities, and some in the country side, mountains.  Buddhism seems slightly more formal than Daoism.  The people living in Daoist communities are natural in touch with life, living in the moment.  All we have is "Now",

There are a few copies of the Empty Vessel Magazine I have available if you are interested in learning more. They are located on Ying Yu Jade "Deal of the Day".   And this Way of Life will help you choose that best jade - for YOU!


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.



1 comment:

  1. Hello, my jade bangle just broke into four pieces after I accidentally dropped it on a tile floor :(
    I got it at the Hong Kong jade market over ten years ago. I’d like to find a new one that goes with its companion ring.
    Do you sell to Europe (Belgium)?
    Thank you! Claire

    ReplyDelete