Friday, February 12, 2021

Chinese Lunar New Year 2021 "Ox" - What Kind of Jade Should I Buy?

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!  Today February 12, 2021 begins the Year of the Metal Ox.  In Chinese symbols it the the Ox who represent incredible physical and emotional strength and stamina. Their accomplishments are the result of sheer determination.  This zodiac sign will not quit once they have put their mind to something.

And guess what!  I am also "Ox".   I started selling jade online since the year 2000.  I started with Chinese jade bangle bracelets, selling on ebay,  and sold out so quickly I returned to China to start working with my jade carver in Xiuyan who buys the jade directly from the jade mines and has high jade carving standards.  We introduced jade gua sha tools, rollers, made to Chinese medicine standards while also working with a Chinese doctor.  Every year I would save up every cent I could and went to China for jade shopping in the summer.  I wasn't just a "tourist", I made friends, and traveled all over China, exploring and learning more about jade each time I went.  

When you shop online at Ying Yu Jade, you will see a large selection of very unique jade: bangle bracelets, pendants, jade health tools, carvings, teapot sets and more.  Customers have been asking me "what is a good jade to buy to celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year".  Any jade that appeals to you is probably a good choice.  A classic choice for New Year is the auspicious jade Money Toad.



Chinese Jade "Money Toads"

These traditional three legged "money toads" bring good luck and fortune.  Great feng shui for the office and lucky for your home.  The toads are beautifully carved and polished, and you can see the natural rough raw jade on the bottom.  These are genuine and natural, one of a kind.  They are special gifts for New Year as we;; as for business, weddings, birthdays.

I have a very large jade money toad with a "baby"  next to it and a big jade coin in its mouth.  It is in my office, facing my desk where I do most of the work.  And it has been very auspicious for me, as I have been selling jade for 20 years.  Although I have been doing well financially selling jade, I really want my customers to be happy with the jade they purchase from Ying Yu Jade.  

I love looking at, touching, my jade money toad.  Chinese jade carvings are truly awesome and look even nicer as time goes by.


Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment