Sunday, October 18, 2020

How Much Should I Pay for a Jade Bangle Bracelet? How Much Does Jade Cost?

 Not a very new topic, this has been discussed in the past, but with the holiday season approaching, and dealing with craziness from COVID, time to add to the conversation.

The Chinese saying:   "Gold and Diamonds have a price, but jade has no price"   Diamonds and gold are often valued by carat and karat weight, so prices can be consistent for them, although the details of the item will add to the value.

Burmese jadeite and Chinese jade prices are based on what people want, and what they are willing to pay.  When I bought the jade for Ying Yu Jade and Jade Heaven web sites, I went to China personally to purchase it.   There are no prices on jade when you buy wholesale directly from the jade carvers.  I had to arrive in China two days before I started shopping, with cash only, take it to the Chinese bank, and exchange it for Chinese money.   Real jade sellers who sell real jade take cash only.  And China allowed only a certain amount of foreign money each day to exchange for Chinese money.  Of course I truly enjoyed my time in Beijing, Tianjin, visiting friends, my Chinese doctor friend, and traveling, eating, exploring.  

Then I went north to Xiuyan where traditional Chinese jade is mined, met with my jade carver, shopped and ordered for shipping to me.  I learned so much about Chinese jade from the jade mines, jade museums.  And that's how I can spot the "fake jade", what I often see at gem trade shows, in regular stores in USA, and online especially from jade sellers in the south of China, around Guangzhou.  Jade mined there is often nephrite, or something else color treated to look like jade. 

Then traveled south to the Myanmar (Burma) border for the Burmese jadeite.  I was trained by a vice president of the China Jade Association how to know if jade is grade A, or B or C, color treated.  There is a photo of us working together on Ying Yu Jade Facebook page. 

All the Burmese jadeite had to be "bargained" for.  The price was whatever the seller and the buyer agreed on.  When I made a purchase, I left a note in the jadeite I bought so I could decide what to sell it for.  The price includes the actual jade price, my expenses of going to China, what it costs to get it listed on the web sites, and the costs of accepting payment from credit card processing.  And other costs, like accessories to pack, shipping charges, taxes I have to pay, and more.  The hours of taking photos, editing so they look like the "real thing" and writing descriptions has no price, it's a never ending task for me.  

There are some long time jade sellers in China, and Hong Kong who look at my websites and give me feedback about prices.  99% of the time, I am told that "my prices are too low", the jade bangle bracelets have higher value.  But, selling online is not like selling to tourists in China, Hong Kong, who can see the "real thing", touch it, feel the good qi energy.  And with all the fake jade being sold, I understand it's difficult to trust online sellers.  I have guarantees on the Jade Heaven and Ying Yu Jade, if you purchase Burmese jadeite that I claim is grade A, genuine and natural color, and you get it tested and get a certification that it is not grade A, I give a full refund, and great apology.  I have not had that happen in the 20 years of selling jade online.  

AND, if you look at Jade Heaven and Ying Yu Jade, you will notice that many items are on sale now, prices marked down.  The holiday season is approaching.  The shipping companies are raising their prices because more people are buying online, and higher prices will go into effect in December.  And the worst part is shipping may not be as reliable.  If you buy a gorgeous jade bangle bracelet and it gets delayed because of shipping problems in the systems, or lost, or delivered "somewhere else", you will not be happy.   So now is a good time to shop before holiday shopping starts.

AND, if you see a jade item you like, but you think the price is too high for you, you can "make an offer", just like shopping at a jade market in China!   The web sites have email addresses for you to contact me with the item number, description, and what you would like to offer.   Your offer will either be accepted, or a counter offer made.  Again, just like shopping at a jade market in China!

If you want good quality, genuine and natural "real" jade and Burmese jadeite, trust Ying Yu Jade and Jade Heaven.  Check the Deal of the Day on Ying Yu Jade, and "Heavenly Jade Sale" on Jade Heaven. Ying Yu Jade sells both kinds of jade: Chinese jade and Burmese jadeite, and a variety of items like pendants, jade carvings, Chinese medicine jade health tools like rollers, gua sha, facial masks.  Jade Heaven sells Burmese jadeite, some of the highest quality and best bangles and pendants I found while shopping in China.  

I love jade, and sell only the jade quality and jade items that I personally love and would wear, want for myself.   

And I treat customers the way I like to be treated.





Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.


Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment