Wednesday, February 6, 2019

What Kind of Jade Bangle Bracelet Should I Wear? What You Love, and Feels Good on Your Wrist

We are "back home" after our Caribbean cruise.  The cruise is our annual vacation, as my husband's birthday is the end of January and he loves cruising, so we go as his "gift". 

And as I usually do, I explored the port shopping areas.  If I like a port and think I would enjoy living there for a few months, I get information about renting a shop to sell my jade.  Some ports have quite aggressive sellers, and I eliminate those immediately.  And some ports have a happy, good feeling with interesting shops.  I consider having a cruise port shop to take all my jade there and sell all that I can so I can "retire".  When I discuss this with husband, he reminds me if I sell all the jade, I will be missing it so much I will only buy more! 

When we arrived back at our home port and were preparing to get off the ship, we noticed that one of the wheels on our big and heavy suitcase was broken.  We had opted to carry our luggage off the ship because we had  parked in a lot and took a shuttle to the cruise ship.   To get to the shuttle to return to our car was a fairly long walk after we disembarked.  Husband was really struggling with the heavy suitcase, so I took the other large suitcase and carry on bag.  My hands and wrists were aching from the lugging them around, and we both knew we would be quite sore the next day.

And we were.

The surprise for me was that my regular jade bangle that I wear most of the time was hurting my wrist.  It felt heavy, hard on my wrist and bones, and I was so amazed because jade has good qi energy for health and healing. 



My wrist was swollen, but I used a plastic bag over my hand to remove it.  I have worn a jade bangle on my left wrist for 20+ years, and looked for one in my stash that would be more comfortable.

The more slender Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet is 9.5mm wide, so with about half the jade in it that my "regular" old mine carved jade bangle has.  It actually feels good!  No pain on my swollen and achy wrist.   And by the end of the day, my wrist felt much better.   I put the "regular" one back on, but it still hurt so I went back to the more slender one.



Since I often mention "retiring" in these blogs, you can guess that I'm getting older, and as we age, pain often becomes more of an issue.  Several years ago, a long time customer asked if I could find her a jade bangle similar to the one she loved the most but in a larger size.  I found one, she received it, it was easier to get on and off, but she said it still hurt her wrist.  I didn't understand why, but now that I have had the experience, I understand completely.  We found her a more slender bangle and she could wear it comfortably.

If you wear a large size jade bangle bracelet, you might love your jade bangle, but be distressed because it hurts your wrist.  A less wide jade bangle will be less heavy, so you can still wear a jade bangle bracelet. 

My jade associate in China purchased some larger jade bangles with certificates of gemology testing for me last year, and some of them are classic round style, slender, and not heavy.  And beautiful, too!

Classic round slender Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet with certificate JadeBangleBraclets web site

Classic round slender Burmese jadeite bangle bracelet with certificate Jade Heaven web site


There are some of these jade bangle bracelets on Jade Heaven and JadeBangleBracelets in the "China's Favorite Jade Bangle Bracelets with Certificates" collections. 

I hope we jade lovers will always be able to wear our cherished jade bangle bracelets.  But if you just can't, consider wearing the jade bead bracelets on elastic for comfort.

Comments are welcome and reviewed to make sure they are not SPAM.

Please allow time for your comment to be reviewed and posted.




1 comment:

  1. As someone who's "young"(will be 40 later in the year) but has fibromyalgia, R.A, and carpal tunnel that also flares occasionally... I have stopped wearing many wider, D-shaped bangles.. I put aside many of my wider bangles and have started increasing my princess cut(round) bangles in my collection by a lot! My problem is that a princess cut bangle in a size 58.5/59mm-61mm can be hard to find at times!! I still manage to find them now and then, but I think anyone with pain in their wrists should try one!!!!!
    I love my D-shaped bangles because theres usually more jade to "show off" but they also seem to be more uncomfortable for me. I'm sad because my carved bangles are all D-shaped and I miss them. BUT, for now I stick with round, princess cut bangles. For some reason, they are less irritating on my wrists, even if they are the super thick, fat chunky bangles.
    Good luck with your wrists feeling better!!! its weird, but today my wrist and shoulder hurt, for me, i think it was carrying in all yhr groceries last night lol!! and we also sound very much the same-- changing our bangles out now and then for one that meshes with how we are feeling at the moment. I'm also addicted to jade... I'm sure my husband hates it but I'm always seeing something else that I absolutely love and have to have somehow, someway...

    ReplyDelete