Wednesday, October 19, 2016

"Bamboo Knot" Carved Chinese Jade Bangle Bracelets - Pretty and Meaningful

Look what I found buried in the storage locker.

"Bamboo Knot" Green Translucent Chinese Jade Bangle Bracelets
These were designed and carved for my by my jade carver in China at least 10 years ago. I had them listed on the old Ying Yu Jade web site, but for some reason, they didn't get listed when we changed to the new, mobile friendly web site.

The jade carver chose some of the very best quality of Chinese jade from the mines.  The jade is a good green color, and is nicely translucent.  It's the best kind of Chinese jade I have seen in high end stores in China. 

The design is "bamboo".  There are knots spaced around, like bamboo ties, and a bamboo leaf is etched between each knot.  Bamboo is a classic Chinese symbol.  Bamboo is flexible.  It bends instead of breaks.  It represents ability to deal with adversity in a positive way.

The green color jade is related to the liver meridian, with qi energy for health and healing. Green jade is classic color used by Chinese medicine doctors for health tools, like jade rollers, jade gua sha tools and jade "needles" for acupressure.  The beautiful translucence is spiritual, with a "glow" that makes the jade more pretty.  This kind of Chinese jade is genuine and not treated with color enhancing dyes. 

If you wear "jade as medicine", Chinese green jade is good to wear this time of year.  If you don't get a flu shot, and want to stay healthy over fall and early winter, the qi energy in the jade will help your qi energy flow smoothly to help keep you well.

Of course, I kept one for myself, and have been wearing it during the photographing and listing on the web site.  I feel relaxed, cheerful and positive while wearing it.  And I'm wearing it along with my every day jadeite bangle bracelet.  The size is slightly too large for me, so I'm wearing it on my right wrist, which is slightly larger than the left wrist I wear my jadeite bangle on all the time.

These are in various sizes, and just listed today, and on sale as Today's Special.


No comments:

Post a Comment